1. What type of band are you?
Psycho Circus: Hard hitting, in your face, sleaze rock ‘n’ roll!
2. Tell us the brief history of your band.
Psycho Circus: When we first got together we got in a bit of a dilemma as we had our first gig booked at a strip joint in Redditch, UK our bassist left straight away but we were soon able to scout someone else out. It all went up from there – we earned ourselves a fierce name around our hometown playing as many shows as we could and can. There are so many stories but you havenâ€™t got the space to publish them.
3. Who are your musical and non-musical influences?
Psycho Circus: KISS, The Doors, Zeppelin, Alice in Chains, The cult, Motley Crue, Skid Row, LA Guns, The Quireboys, Aerosmith… need anymore? Let’s not forget our family, friends and FANS for keepin us going!
4. What are your dreams and goals?
Psycho Circus: Everyone can have dreams but i think itâ€™s fair not to talk about them as I would love for them to come true… but goals wise… to earn a decent name for ourselves in rock history.
5. Who writes the songs, what are they about?
Psycho Circus: Itâ€™s a joint effort (which isn’t always a good thing), we try and base our songs on true event but now and again our minds wonder and we bend the truth a little bitâ€¦.our songs seem to come together, that’s why we click so well I think.
6. What’s your opinion of our President?
Psycho Circus: Obama is greatâ€¦. especially when he called Kanye West a jackass, that was killer!
7. How do you promote your band and shows?
Psycho Circus: Flyers, postersâ€¦. same old shit really, putting them up wherever we can, bar toilets, shop windows… car exhausts (laughs) you name itâ€™s there!
8. Describe your show, visual and musically.
Psycho Circus: Itâ€™s better than sexâ€¦. you’ll have to come and experience it yourself!
9. What do you think about downloading music online?
Psycho Circus: Everyoneâ€™s doneâ€¦. anyone who says they haven’t is lying! It’s unfair on the artists and we know that ourselves as artists.
10. What’s your outlook on the record industry today?
Psycho Circus: We’ve only just got signed by Swerve Records, Manchester Uk. Itâ€™s all good so far and it’s looking good for a European tour next year and who knows maybe we can come see you guys in the US sometime?
11. What’s your claim to fame?
Psycho Circus: A couple of us met up velvet revolver after their gig at our hometown of Wolverhampton before and after. Also our guitarists met up and partied with Buckcherry after their gig in Wolverhampton as well. We also bump into Robert Plant now and again as he lives in our hometown.
12. Tell us a story about a day in your life.
Psycho Circus: Well we all have to work normal 9 to 5’s to fund our dirty habits, and just get up to what normal 20-25 year old lads get up to (use your imagination).
13. What inspires you to do what you do?
Psycho Circus: We breathe, eat, sleep rock n roll so it comes natural to us.
14. What advice would you give to fellow bands?
Psycho Circus: Just give it your all, enjoy what you do, there’ll always be someone in the crowd that doesnt ‘get’ you, but fuck em! You gotta do what you gotta do!
15. How does music affect you and the world around you?
Psycho Circus: Music is our life. Always has been always will be!
16. What’s new in the recording of your music?
Psycho Circus: Well as we’ve just been signed, we are about record our debut EP (due for release in 2010) watch this space!
17. What are the biggest obstacles for bands?
Psycho Circus: The band members of course haha. If no one gets on, you can’t progress as a band. Say if a band member isn’t as committed as the rest, they will hold you back.
18. What’s the best and worst thing about playing clubs/venues?
Psycho Circus: Playing a small stage, cause there isn’t enough space to let go and put on a proper show!
19. Tell us about your next shows and why we should be there.
Psycho Circus: Wildside in Nottingham is our next show – itâ€™s the biggest showcase of sleaze rock n roll in the UK.
20. Any last words?