Dismember the Fallen is an act from Michigan released a new EP entitled “Moving In Dreamscapes” and has got a whole lot more ahead of them. The band goes into detail about their start what they got going on with this latest release of theirs and what we can all expect from here on out.
1. Dismember the Fallen why did you want to go with calling yourselves that and what does it represent for the band?
Dismember the Fallen refers to the fallen angel, the devil. Dismember means tearing limbs. So basically it means to eliminate the devil, not literally though. It’s not a religious reference, just something we had come up with.
2. Tell me about your EP “Moving In Dreamscapes” what does the title mean and is this a concept release?
Dreamscapes are defined as “a landscape or scene with the strangeness or mystery characteristic of dreams.” It is not a concept release, just more of putting each listener in the moments we are writing about in each song.
3. What are your songs about what themes do they cover and who writes the material?
The songs in “Moving in Dreamscapes” cover topics from deceitful people, liars, love, and losing someone. Our vocalist Nick and keyboardist Mark write all of the lyrics to each song.
4. Who are your musical and non-musical influences?
Each member in our band share different musical influences from a vast variety of genres. The majority of our influences come from real life experiences, such as things going on in our lives in a specific moment.
5. What do you think about downloading music online?
I’m okay with people downloading music online. What matters the most is getting your music out there, whether it’s paid for or not. We’d rather a fan have it than not having it because they can’t afford it.
6. What’s your outlook on the record industry today?
I feel like many bands get overlooked now a days. A lot of labels are putting money into bands that haven’t worked for anything and don’t deserve the recognition.
7. What advice would you give to fellow bands?
I would give this advice to other bands: Work hard, a lot about being in a band isn’t just about getting on stage and playing music. Make friends, support your local musicians, and try your best to love what you play and be original.
8. What are the biggest obstacles for bands?
Touring, touring isn’t easy to set up. We’re in the process of setting up a tour and it is confusing and takes a lot of money to be out on the road. Same goes with recording quality music and getting that music out to as many people as you can.
9. Tell us about your next shows and why we should be there.
Our next shows include Rockapalooza June 23rd with We Came As Romans and I See Stars, June 15th with Our Last Night and Crown the Empire, and many more coming up!
10. What’s the music scene like in Michigan? Are there any bands you’d like to recommend?
The music scene in Michigan has its ups and downs, some venues are closing but there are also alot of people rallying to keep it alive and find new venues.
11. What plans does Dismember the Fallen have lined up for this year?
We hopefully will be on the road later this summer and will be recording new music in the fall!
12. Anything else you’d like to say or add?
Please stop by our official website at http://www.dismemberthefallen.com and follow us. “Like” us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/dismemberthefallen